Monday, July 28, 2008

New Search Engine Cuil shows that I'm a musician from San Francisco!

A new search engine which competes with Google was just launched by an Ex-Googler called Cuil.

The main search entry screen works like Google Suggest, and presents a pop-up list of potential matches and hit-counts almost immediately. Search results are shown in a magazine-like format rather than a sparse list format.

...Curious, I thought I'd check it out and see what it says about me.

Sure enough, I see my picture, and this caption:



"Francis Wong has had a hand in guiding the San Francisco Bay Area Asian Improv label, along with such musicians as Mark Izu, Jon Jang, and the late Glenn Horiuchi. Wong has been a member of both Izu and Jang's groups. He also leads groups of his own, including the Great Wall, the eight-piece Asian Improv Arts Composers Workshop, and the trio Ming. Wong..."


Here's the problem, that description is mis-matched to my picture. As much as I'd like to be a musician in San Francisco...I'm not. Cuil is obviously trying too hard to find pictures to match up against web articles, and ends up looking in the wrong places. I'll have to spot-check it periodically and see if they fix this in the future...until then, I get to be a musician from San Francisco!

No comments: