Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Video Game that Generates $1 Billion Per Year?

For Christmas this year -- my wife bought me Company of Heroes...



I'm a big Warhammer fan - and loved Dawn of War -- Company of Heroes is a step-up from the same team that built Dawn of War. I can't wait to play it...

But no matter how good Company of Heroes is...how much money can it make? I began to wonder how much money World of Warcraft would generate in 2006. After a quick search, I came across this article from the New York Times:

Online Game, Made in U.S., Seizes the Globe

In summary, Blizzard is going to make a boatload of cash. "...Less than two years after its introduction, World of Warcraft, made by Blizzard Entertainment, based in Irvine, Calif., is on pace to generate more than $1 billion in revenue this year with almost seven million paying subscribers..."

No comments: